PHYSICAL RISK ASSESSMENTS
Security Risk Assessments are an excellent way to evaluate Security Procedures currently in place. It is also a great opportunity to make security improvements in your buildings or when trying to solve a specific security problem.
During a Security Assessment, all aspects of your security procedures are examined, any weaknesses are identified, and suggestions for security improvements are made. In addition, opportunities where operating costs can be reduced or where security operations can be made more efficient may be identified.
Assessment processes are constantly evolving, allowing us to take advantage of latest security best practices.
The Security Assessment uses a structured, formal analysis process that allows us to develop a deep understanding of your business, operating conditions, corporate culture, and unique security risks and threats.
While client involvement is crucial to success, our consultant will facilitate the assessment every step of the way, keeping the evaluation on track, and making sure that all important elements are examined.
The Security Assessment is custom tailored for each client, but typically includes a review of;
- Site and Organisation Security
- Security Policies and Procedures
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Physical Security systems
- Electronic Security systems
- Security Management
- Security personnel (including 3rd Party Security)
- Emergency Preparedness of the site
- Evaluation of present security program and identification of any weaknesses and vulnerabilities
- Recommendations for Security improvements
- Development of an Implementation Plan
- Comprehensive Security Assessment Report
A brief outline of a typical assessment
- Prior to visiting the site, we will request a number of documents for our use during the assessment. These typically include site or building plans, copies of any existing Security Policies and Procedures, etc.
If you are unable to provide any particular document requested, that’s not an issue as we will be able to work around this.
- Working with you we will identify the people within your organisation that we would like to consult. Typically, this would involve members of the Senior Management, Facilities / Security Managers, Security Guards and Administrators as to get a good cross-representation of all of the major operating and support departments within your organisation.
- Once we have consulted the above, a detailed inspection of the site and facilities will be conducted. At times, we may observe certain areas for of risk for prolonged periods to obtain a true representation of task analysis.
- A night-time risk assessment is also conducted whereupon we take advantage to observe how you your site operates at night, a performance check on the Guard Services are get a general feel for the environment during the hours of darkness.
- During the night visit, External and Security lighting LUX levels will be checked in all areas of the site and evaluated against the risk and recommended figures.
- On conclusion of our site visit we will begin our Security Assessment Reporting process with recommendations (if required). It normally takes between 7 to 14 working days from when we complete the site survey to providing you with our report.
- After consultation on the report and its findings, we remain available to assist you with implementation of any recommendations. We are prepared to act on your behalf in identifying suitable cost-effective service vendors or suppliers. Project Manage any fit outs or installations and developing any Policies or Procedures